1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just instaleld ME last night and now sound wont work

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Kandy201, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

Here is what detective driver gave me
    Hard disk controllers
    SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller

Network adapters
    SOHOware 10/100 PCI Network Adapter

Display adapters
    Matrox MGA Millennium
    Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

Universal Serial Bus controllers
    SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    USB Root Hub

As you can see no sound card. As for when I went in the add new hardware sorry I meant I looked in the left pain. There were all kinds of companys there but no crystal semiconductor. As for when I go into device manager and look under 'sound/video/game controllers' ------> There was nothing except the screen shot I gave you earlier in this thread with the crystal wdm stuff . there was nothing for 'onboard periphereal resources'. I will try those other 2 device but I will bet you any money neither will work. As for the belarc scan I recognized everything else and what it was for. So i know none of them is what we are looking for.

2. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

OK so here is the latest news on my computer. My friends husband sent me a driver but it did not have the setup so he told me to go into device manager and update drivers then point it to there. Well I did and windows said it could not find the software. I then downloaded the 2 drivers you gave me in your last post and they were the same thing no setup so I tried to install the same way friends hubby told me to and NADA> So then I said ok with these still on computer I went into device manager and removed all the crystal wdmthings and restarted computer. IT then said detected new hardware CS4235 but said could not find the software in any of these files. SO I went and redownloaded the zip for CS4235 that you gave me the other day and tried searching in there for the drivers and NADA. So I did a system restore to earlier today before I did all this messing around and I now got my 4 devices listed under sound, video, game again. Now I don't know if the CS4235 is from you having me run setup on it the other day and it never uninstalled when I did the system restore(since I computer dumb I not too sure what system restores uninstalls and fixes) OR if that is my original driver. And even if it was original driver then why aint it working. Oh and as for Belarc it wont work now says missing some .dll file and then blue screen with no choice but to ctrl-alt-del. So what now?

3. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hi Kandy,

Your research and effort is going to pay off, you have done a great job, and your that much closer to solving this. I think you've covered all the possiblities for the 'crystal' sound card and used all the drivers we can find,

This sound card has to be pinned down exactly 100% to move forward.

I reccommend using this system analyzer, it's the best there is. It's huge and intensly comprehensive, you'll really have to study it's results, it covers everything.

Download SANDRA

Open the program and click on the 'Sound Card Information' icon ......... does it shed anymore light on this,

Also click on the 'Performance Tune Up Wizard' ...... when it finishes, scroll down to 'Sound Card Information' ..... any tips?

Just checked my report and it points out that 'Spybot' is using a large amount of memory, that is their new 'Tea Timer.exe' ....... working,

You can also click on 'System Summary' ....... look under 'Multimedia .... does it show Crystal ?

:)

4. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

Hey sorry so long to respond had a busy day today outside the house. anyways here are the answers to what you asked me to find. All snapshots LOL!

Open the program and click on the 'Sound Card Information' icon ......... does it shed anymore light on this,

[​IMG]

Also click on the 'Performance Tune Up Wizard' ...... when it finishes, scroll down to 'Sound Card Information' ..... any tips?

No tips for sound card.

Just checked my report and it points out that 'Spybot' is using a large amount of memory, that is their new 'Tea Timer.exe' ....... working,

You can also click on 'System Summary' ....... look under 'Multimedia .... does it show Crystal ?

[​IMG]

Again I appreciate all your help. I keep thinking forget it and just wanna give up but you are so helpful I know you will eventually help me figure it out.

5. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hi Kandy,

When you opened up the sound card information it should show a fixed result like what you posted, except that the picture in your post show's a couple windows where you can change the information , , is that correct?

If so, change the information for 'wave out' to any other's listed and make a note of what it shows in regards to the sound card, and see if anything is different,

I didn't notice in the other posts if you ever checked the actual connections for the hardware part of this, or refresh my memory; are your speakers the original ones or add ons? Double check all those wires, especially the one that plugs into your computer in the back, check everything in regards to their power source, wires, jacks, etc, confirm they work,

Try this:

a) go to control panel / multimedia / audio -------
    what is listed in 'preferred device'? Make sure it matches your card. Now click on 'Advanced Properties' and then 'Speakers' ..... make sure the speakers selected are the ones your using,

b) click on 'Performance' and then under 'Audio Playback' lower the settings for hardware acceleration all the way to the left, and then click 'Apply' , then 'Ok' .......

Test it .......

Also, back in 'device manager' open your modem and make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks for it, there have been conflicts between that and the Crystal WDM Audio .....

--------

Download this utility Driver Toolkit

Run the program and post the results,

This is after the fact but useful:
    Upgrading to a new operating system When you perform an operating system upgrade, any drivers you installed will not be preserved. It is essential that you back up your current drivers before doing an upgrade. DriverGuide ToolKit allows you to do this with one click of the mouse.

Need the latest driver update for your device DriverGuide Toolkit is the best tool available for finding driver updates, hands down. It uses detailed information about your device to search DriverGuide.com - and also allows you to perform driver searches on the other driver websites.

Here's a second utility for detailed driver info on your system:
    Driver Magic

Register & download, follow instructions ,

6. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

OK I got as far as lowering the setting on hardware acceleration all the way to the left. I then went into multimedia to set sounds to window events to test if I heard anything when I hit the play button and I got this error message. I will wait before doing anything else until you reply to this.

[​IMG]

7. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

On to rest of tips I dont know what happened I rebooted and now that error message is gone. Oh as for the other drop down boxes you had me look at all info was the same hardware stuff and no errors.

8. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

With the driverguide toolkit I selected list all drivers and Crystal WDM Audio Codec came up in red. I selected it and this is the info that appeared in the box. All greek to me so here it is for you.

Capabilities:
    Class: MEDIA
    ClassGUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    CompatibleIDs: *CSC0100
    ConfigFlags:
    DeviceDesc: Crystal WDM Audio Codec
    HardwareID: *CSC0100,ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0000
    Mfg: Crystal Semiconductor
    WARNING: This driver cannot be saved. The INF file can not be located: WDMA_CSC.INF
    *CSC0101
    ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0001
    *CSC0110
    ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0002
    *CSC0103
    ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0003

9. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

Driver magic gave me a new driver to download. So I did that and ran setup but still no sound. This was the zipfiles name Crystal_CS4235_w95us272 when I was installing it it said that it is older than what I have now do I want to continues I of course said yes cause driver magic said to say yes to this if what you currently have does not work. Well guess what I got this new one installed now and still no sound/voice. I am gonna go and download Sandra again as I thought we were done with it so got rid of it and see what it says now. Iam posting info you asked for before just in case anything changed and really I have no clue what you want me to do right now so figured I would go over everything again now that i changed the driver thingy.

When I clicked on computer info from the driver thing it popped open that system stuff you had me look at before. Here is the sound device info it gave me.
    [​IMG]

Under conflicts/sharing it lists just the crap for my USB that dont flipping work nothing for sound though.

Under software environment then selecting drivers I get this. Don't know if this helps for figuring out sound am posting it jsut incase.
    [​IMG]

OK last part I am posting to you then I will shut up until you get back to me on what to do. I ran driverguide toolkit again since I installed an older driver as I already told you and this time it gave me 4 things for my sound card so here is each one.

Crystal PNP Audio System Codec inthe box says
    Capabilities:
    ConfigFlags:
    DeviceDesc: Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC
    HardwareID: *CSC0100,ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0000
    Mfg: Crystal Semiconductor Corporation

Crystal PnP Audio System Joystick
    Capabilities:
    ConfigFlags:
    DeviceDesc: Crystal PnP Audio System Joystick
    HardwareID: *CSC0101,ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0001

Crystal PnP Audio System Control REgisters
    Capabilities:
    ConfigFlags:
    DeviceDesc: Crystal PnP Audio System Control Registers
    HardwareID: *CSC0110,ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0002

Crystal PnP Audio System MPU_401 compatible
    Capabilities:
    ConfigFlags:
    DeviceDesc: Crystal PnP Audio System MPU-401 Compatible
    HardwareID: *CSC0103,ISAPNP\CSC1525_DEV0003

OK i Now quit and promise not to touch anything until you get back to me.

10. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

OK I finally ripped open my computer and found information. My computer is a Hewlett Packard Pavillion 6330. Beside where my plug ins for my speakers are is a chip which I assume is my soud card chip. The chip says Crystal CX4235-Xq3-EP Hope this info solves it all.

11. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hi Kandy,
    That's a lot of great information, you couldn't ask for more than that~! Definitely keep Sandra, it will amaze you with its organization of your system with it's utilities.

Everything says the same thing, that you have the Crystal Semiconductor sound card, so that is finalized. But, you have already installed the correct drivers, the CS4235 zip file,

So it's something else other than the 'wrong' driver.

Have you confirmed that all the 'physical' connections are working? Turn your speakers on, turn your volume up, play a midi or mp3 and start pinching and wiggling things with those wires and jacks, see if you get a brief burst of sound, if not, then they are probably ok, , , my sound went out and I ultimately traced it to the speaker jack going into the pc,

I will double check all that info you posted again but wanted to post so you knew I read all your info,

Since you have tried everything, the only thing you could do is remove it all again, find any extra drivers remove them, and then detect it again, and reinstall the CS4235 again, I know it's another circle,

So, hopefully I'll have a better idea later tonight, or some else will,

12. Kandy201

Kandy201 Thread Starter

HEy thought you would like all my hard work.LMAO! Wow right now too I am running easy cleaner it found a whole wack load of reg keys says that point to no where and a whole wack load of duplicate files scared to delete these 2 findings though as I dont know if I will mess up my computer. Right now I am runing the scan for unnecesarry files I will delete those when down as they all look like junk to me LMAO!

Anyways I did fiddle with the chords and everything and it made no difference I also went inside the computer to make sure nothing was detached that is how I found that info on computer type and sound card. See the thing is though when I am plugging in the speakers I hear taht buzzy sound you know when it is not already plugged in and when the volume is up all the way I hear some static. So I have no clue wha the problem is.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice