1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

just installed Win 8 pro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tvjoe, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

I got into Safe mode and I can't get out . Question - how do I get out of safe mode . I've tried rebooting and went into run and unticked safe boot that puts it in a restrictive boot . anybody help please .

2. dai

dai

are you shutting down and the restarting

3. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

Yes of course

4. dai

dai

when booting hold down the shift key and keep tapping f8 and see if you can bring up the options screen

5. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

Yes I did that , it offers a selection of drives , my selection still comes up in the safemode . Surely there is a straight forward way to close safe mode.

6. dai

dai

try holding down the shift key and tapping f8 a bit further into the post screens so it skips the drive options and picks up the menu options screen

7. gurutech

gurutech

Does it actually say "Safe Mode" in the corners of the screen, or does the video just look "basic"?

You may need to install better drivers for your video card (from manufacturer website). If they don't have Win8 specific drivers, the Win7 drivers should work.

8. raybro

raybro

Have you looked in msconfig/boot tab to see if the Safe boot box is checked?

9. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

I was just coming on to say that fixed it msconfig -boot untick safe . Why is it such a run around to find something so straightforward.

10. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

OH thanks !!

11. raybro

raybro

No one really understands the inner workings of the Great God Microsoft (even Microsoft). It just IS :rolleyes: :D

In their defense (which I do hesitantly), on my system (Dell Inspiron 5720) when I tested out accessing Safe Mode using the msconfig safe boot method, the OS cleared itself after doing so one time. My best guess is just the difference in computers. Shouldn't be like that, but it appears to be the case.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice