1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just need some advice on database software

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by daves01902, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daves01902

daves01902 Thread Starter

I'm looking to create a database for a business I'm trying to get up and running. I have Access, but I was wondering if there is better software out there. Also, the database will be online, so I need software that can create a database that will be acessible online. For instance, if I wanted to do a yellowpages kind of thing, someone can input the name in a field, and find a phone number for that name. I'm not doing that, but its just an example of what I need. If there is a "Name" field, and you put in "Joe Blow", it will show you all the numbers for "Joe Blow" on a webpage, etc....
    If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!
    TIA!

2. OBP

OBP

daves01902, which version of Access do you have?
    Access versions 2000 and later are Web compatible, but you obviously need a Server.
    Access is ideal for your business application, especially the searching and I have helped to create dozens of databases fro Posters on here and the VBAX forum, so if you need any help wiht let me know.
    I do have point out that I have not done any Web work though, only the Access side. I know how to create the "access Web Pages" but I do not have a web site.

3. daves01902

daves01902 Thread Starter

I'm using Access 2002. I guess what I need is the "access web pages". I can do everything else on the web side of things. Any tips or tutorials you can point me to are very much appreciated!

4. OBP

OBP

There is a reasonable section in the Access Help on creating "Data Access Pages" including creating and putting them on the Web.
    If you need any help with the actual database, especially the "Search Query" and Form let me know.
    You can create the Form as a normal database form for testing purposes and then Save As an
    Access Page.
    I can create the database for you if you are not familiar with Access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice