just read this thread

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jeepers3

#1 01-Apr-2008 07:01 PM
stanleycwb

Junior Member Posts: 1
Experience: Beginner

Unknown msn virus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just received a link from my friend in msn which leads to downloading a file and ends up some sort like a virus. It auto send the same kind of thing to some of my contacts in msn and i dunno whether wat kind of virus is that.

Below is the 'virus' my friend send to me

hey, it's your image ? (Edited by Moderator).....bad link removed....don't post these please! We know how this virus works.....

Some of my friends suggest re-install msn messenger or even to the extent to reformatting the computer. However, my computer had lots of important stuffs and cannot reformat.

Can i know any suggestions that i can clear the virus away other than reformatting the computer?

I had use AVG to scan and found out a virus. But i wasnt sure whether is it the virus that i got from msn.

Trojan Horse Dropper.delf.AOY <== Name of the virus

Thanks.

I have a soluton to this problem..turn of all internet conections run avg antispyware 1st then run your antivirus but make sure you update it 1st..do the spyware scans in safe mode only run thevirus scan on normal windows look on your desktop for a image file called msn.co and delete it also look in c;windows/msn.com delt it if its visable ..
i worked and have done a telematics course this was one of the trojans that came up at collage ..why can we not post replys to these problems ..thought the idea was we help each other ...dimwits

It is because untrained users could unknowingly damage the person's computer even more as malware and analysing HJT logs require trained professionals/users/geeks. If you want to be allowed to post in those forums, sign up for the Training course (link is found in to FAQ). It should be fairly easy for you since it looks like you take a CS course in college.

I looked for the link in FAQ and was unable to fnd it. Can somone nudge me in the direction please?

Sorry, gave you the wrong info :eek::p:rolleyes:

You are actually supposed to PM or email an Admin/Mod "if you are interested" or get more info. Just read the FAQ/Rules and that was what it said. (my memory keeps telling me it saw a link....)

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...-important-security-forum-changes-effect.html

Only members who are deemed qualified to remove malware may post to security related threads. These members can be easily recognized by a gold shield or a blue shield (indicating a trainee) that will appear next to their user name.

A paragraph has also been added to the forum rules that reads as follows:

Log Analysis/Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality, those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified. Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield next to their names. Anyone wishing to participate in a training program should contact a Moderator for more information.

Jeepers3

Ok sorry What i meant was there was no reply to that Querrie ..i di a telematics course for computers and wanted to help out ..you have your messages set not to accept private messages so what thw hell ill unsubscribe from your site ..pointless arguing init

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Jeepers3,
You can help out in all the other forums, so why not hang around a while longer?

Richard.

I shot over a pm to cookiegal also to get more info. Being an IT major in college, I think this would help alot and I can give something back to TSG.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online