1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

just read this thread

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Jeepers3, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jeepers3

Jeepers3 Thread Starter

#1 01-Apr-2008 07:01 PM
    stanleycwb

Junior Member Posts: 1
    Experience: Beginner

Unknown msn virus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just received a link from my friend in msn which leads to downloading a file and ends up some sort like a virus. It auto send the same kind of thing to some of my contacts in msn and i dunno whether wat kind of virus is that.

Below is the 'virus' my friend send to me

hey, it's your image ? (Edited by Moderator).....bad link removed....don't post these please! We know how this virus works.....

Some of my friends suggest re-install msn messenger or even to the extent to reformatting the computer. However, my computer had lots of important stuffs and cannot reformat.

Can i know any suggestions that i can clear the virus away other than reformatting the computer?

I had use AVG to scan and found out a virus. But i wasnt sure whether is it the virus that i got from msn.

Trojan Horse Dropper.delf.AOY <== Name of the virus

Thanks.

I have a soluton to this problem..turn of all internet conections run avg antispyware 1st then run your antivirus but make sure you update it 1st..do the spyware scans in safe mode only run thevirus scan on normal windows look on your desktop for a image file called msn.co and delete it also look in c;windows/msn.com delt it if its visable ..
    i worked and have done a telematics course this was one of the trojans that came up at collage ..why can we not post replys to these problems ..thought the idea was we help each other ...dimwits

2. techdawg667

techdawg667

It is because untrained users could unknowingly damage the person's computer even more as malware and analysing HJT logs require trained professionals/users/geeks. If you want to be allowed to post in those forums, sign up for the Training course (link is found in to FAQ). It should be fairly easy for you since it looks like you take a CS course in college.

3. Justawind

Justawind

I looked for the link in FAQ and was unable to fnd it. Can somone nudge me in the direction please?

4. techdawg667

techdawg667

Sorry, gave you the wrong info :eek::p:rolleyes:

You are actually supposed to PM or email an Admin/Mod "if you are interested" or get more info. Just read the FAQ/Rules and that was what it said. (my memory keeps telling me it saw a link....)

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...-important-security-forum-changes-effect.html

6. Jeepers3

Jeepers3 Thread Starter

Ok sorry What i meant was there was no reply to that Querrie ..i di a telematics course for computers and wanted to help out ..you have your messages set not to accept private messages so what thw hell ill unsubscribe from your site ..pointless arguing init

7. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Jeepers3,
    You can help out in all the other forums, so why not hang around a while longer?

Richard.

8. Justawind

Justawind

Thanks for the info, will email/pm an admin or mod and get more info.

9. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

10. Justawind

Justawind

Thanks for the link. Will check it out!

11. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Might see you in the Chocolate room then :D

12. Justawind

Justawind

I shot over a pm to cookiegal also to get more info. Being an IT major in college, I think this would help alot and I can give something back to TSG.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!