1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just Shoot Me... or My Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nolatoyou, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolatoyou

Nolatoyou Thread Starter

Hi. I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8600 a month or two ago, and now it seems I just bought myself a headache. It prints sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Faxes sometimes, and usually it doesn't. It's about to drive me around the bend. I'm on a new HP TouchSmart computer, running Windows 7. The Officejet will SAY it's connected, but the computer will say it's not. Even better is when I can see (on the printer screen)/hear a fax call coming in, it says it's accepting the fax, and then...? Nada. It just disappears, no printout, not holding it in the fax memory, nothing. I don't know if any of this could be related to the issue my computer seems to be having where it frequently, for no apparent reason, makes me disconnect from my connection (even though it shows bars and says it's connected just fine) and then reconnect (to the exact same Linksys it was already ON before it decided to go on strike) before it will let me get online, but I wouldn't be surprised.

*sighs*

Someone please help before I start kicking the cat...

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Two questions: How are you connected to the printer, network or direct connection? Have you tried HP Tech Support? Surely within a month or two you should still be under warranty.

The fax operation should be independent of your PC. It should be a stand-alone fax system. If you hear the call coming in, the fax answers, it should work, even if your PC is powered off.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice