1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just some general security questions.

Discussion in 'General Security' started by TheArmegeddon, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheArmegeddon

TheArmegeddon Thread Starter

Question 1: For a hardcore gamer I guess you would say, what would be the best Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware protection? Most gamers I talk to say AVG, but some other say Kaspersky, would those be one of the two or something different?

Question 2: This will sound kind of stupid but could Road Runner Medic cause security problems. If not, is it really necessary for Time Warner Cable users?

Question 3: Is there an actual reason Microsoft and other PC supporting anti-virus programs would consider Apple software a threat, or is it just a bad attempt at propaganda?

That's all for now, be sure I'll have more odd question on security to answer later, but for now answers to these will do.

2. xrztrx

xrztrx

1)for hardcore gamers u dont really need av and as since you will need to shut of all programs. but if u really need them u could try avira premiun,kaspersky(takes quite an amount of system resources) or NOD 32(light on the resources) and as for antispyware/malware use avg anitspyware.
    2.)dunno
    3.)id say its a bad attempt at propaganda :)

3. TheArmegeddon

TheArmegeddon Thread Starter

Thank you, yeah no av is usually what I got but since I'm also a modder and have to download utilities and user made modifications make viruses a good sneak attack. I've gotten plenty of threats detected from mods, so an av for me is a must, thanks for your response man, appreciate the advice as always.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice