1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JV16 Power Tools 1.2 Vs. Incredimail

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by flavallee, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    Although I find JV16 Power Tools 1.2 to be a good registry cleaner, it has one flaw that even its creator admits he can not fix. If you run the registry cleaner and allow it to delete ALL invalid registry entries that it finds, Incredimail(if you are using it) will no longer work and will have to be reinstalled.

I would suggest that you visually scan the invalid entries that it finds, then deselect the ones pertaining to Incredimail before you delete the rest of the entries. I would also suggest that you keep a saved copy of Incredimail handy for reinstall, if needed.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips:)

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Thanks flavalee, I was going to run JV16 later tonight.
    I'll probably let it go because I dont use IncrediMail much anyway.

I dont see why the creater cant tell it to ignore specific keys though.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    He's not familiar with Incredimail. He does a good job though of providing a utility that doesn't cost us anything. You just have to be real careful about which functions you use. Personally, I just stick with the registry cleaner.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips:)

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I used that, the temp file, and bad shortcuts.
    I heard 1 of the tools you have to be careful or you will delete everything on your C drive, but I don't remember which one it was.

5. brindle

brindle

Its reset hardware config. it will delete all your divice drivers and a reinstall of windows will be nessasary. I did just that on my neighbors puter yesterday tring to fix a hardware problem. what a surprise

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

The system should boot without the drivers, windows should install the most important ones automatically, and then you could have brought the rest on floppy disks.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!