1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jvc digital and mini video camcorder model #: Gr d870u.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by KT6, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT6

KT6 Thread Starter

I left this camera outside one night. Now, when I open the part that swings open to turn on the camera, the camera turns on, however I don't get any picture in the view finder.

I would like to attempt to repair this camera myself.

Does anyone have any idea what part should be replaced?

I have in my notes I should install a new base assembly for this camera. I think a camera repair person told this to me. But it has been some time, so I can't be sure.

Would someone knowledgeable please tell me if they think it is the base assembly that needs replacing. And, also tell me how difficult is it to replace that part.

I live in a very rural area. No company is nearby for me to take the camera and ask them for an estimate and what needs to be done. So, I will have to do this myself.

Thanks

2. antimoth

antimoth

Left outside. Moisture condensed on the electronics and probably corroding the circuit boards. Best bet is to try and dry it out. A folk remedy people try is to keeping it in a warm place in a plastic bag with a dessicant. Uncooked rice is said to work. Remove battery. Wait a week.

If that don't work, throw it away. I still think these old tape cameras are good, but the world has moved on to flash based cameras.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!