1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jvc hdd video/ dvd "flashes"!!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by southworth, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. southworth

southworth Thread Starter

Hi, I have a JCB HDD DVD/VIDEO RECORDER and have Virgin as a cable supplier.

Last week Virgin "upgraded" their system and as a result my DVD player will no longer connect. When I plug it in it always shows: "Loading" and flashes away. Nothing else will activate when pressing any button on the machine or remote.

I have switched scart plugs and other cables around until I can no longer think of any thing else.

Has my DVD player quit?

I can find no help in the "troubleshooting" pages of the book which comes with it and trying to get a satisfactory reply from JVC is disgusting. No response & can anyone send a email to them? I cannot.

Does anyone else have an idea what could have gone wrong please? It was working fine before and had no problems with it whasoever.

2. muppy03

muppy03

First Name:
    Chris
    when it is 'loading' you have a dvd in the drive. Have you tried a different one, or maybe a lens cleaner? You say nothing else will activate, does that include 'stop' and the on off switch?

3. southworth

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I didn't make it clear the first thread.

The "loading" flashes when you switch it on and continues to do so all the time. I have tried the remoteand whatever button I press nothing happens.

The recorder always starts to "load up" when I switch it on, then the flash stops and it is ready for use, but at the moment all it does is "loading" and flash.

To me, it is a connection with the Virgin box & TV with the recorder but I have tried moving them all around and the result is the same.

I hope this helps.

4. southworth

Sorry I forgot to add on: No buttons will work on the recorder either, so no DVD tray opens up; no flap for the video & no movement when pressing the "off/on" switches.

5. muppy03

muppy03

First Name:
    Chris
    I am not an expert by anymeans but It seems odd that the virgin box would cause it. Any way all I could suggest it unplug the unit from everything including the wall socket for at least 15mins then try again .Sometimes you get lucky and doing this resets the system.
    Sorry can't be more help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice