jvc mg50 cam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grahamd

hi
ive just got a cam corder,ive managed to record the video onto my tvbut i cant putthe video onto my pc.on the screen of the cam it says usb mass storage and cant get rid of that,the instructions seem complicated. thanks

Thats a hard drive based camera that compresses to mpeg, I believe. There should be a USB AV connection from camera to computer. Read the manual, it can't be that complex.

grahamd

hi
well ive managed to play back vieos on my tv and my pc from my jvc mg50 camcorder,but when i try to send my niece an email with the video ,she cant open the file,it says its file protected or windows installer doesent recognise it.is there any freeware software that my niece could download so that she she could watch my videos.ive tried sending my self emails but still cant watch them.
thanks

Okay, I bet you are capturing the video as an avi. Most avi's are huge---and many ISP's have issues with sending them as emails. What I recommend you do is check out google.video---They will host your videos for free---Sending them by email isn't the way to go.

The JVC MG-50 saves the files as an mpeg2 file, but changes the extention to MOD for some reason ???
Go to where you save your files and change the extention to mpg on one of your files.
now double click on it, you will now be able to watch it in media player or any other player that supports mpeg2.
I hope this helps
P.S. I believe that if you want to put the file back onto the JVC and play it you will have to change the ext. back to MOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online