1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JVC16 Tool

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by TOF, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TOF

TOF Thread Starter

Here is a tip for all of you who still like to use the old free JVC16 registry tool. You can still use the free application if you go into control panel and turn the date on your computer back one year. After you are finished using the application, just return the date to its normal setting.

Regseeker is in my opinion just as good as JVC16 though. The GUI is fancier than JVC16 and the application is basically the same. You can get Regseeker at this site...http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html

2. mobo

mobo

JV16 hasn't been supported for quite some time now and is not recommended due to that fact anyway.

3. Dark Star

Dark Star

Mobo about software that is no longer supported and weather someone should or shouldn't use it I'm not sure that I agree with you on that. The last thing that I want to do is to step on anyone's toes as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For example I purchased software from Mijernix Corp aka OnTrack about 3 years ago and last year OnTrack sold the EasyUninstall software to Aladdin who now sells the same software but with a different GUI under a different name. I don't see this as a reason why I should stop using the software I purchased because neither Mijernix Corp aka OnTrack nor Aladdin provide support for it.

TOF...

If you're using jv16 you should be able to continue using it without having to reset the date on your PC... unless maybe you're using jv16 ver1.4 from Macecraft Software, at any rate jv16 PowerTools 1.3 is available from oldversions.com and there's no time trial restictions on it. http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=jv16

That said, IF Macecraft Software has made any significant engine and/or feature improvements with their 1.4 release, or if you just like it better than the older 1.3 version then it IS best that once the time trial period has expired that one should purchase it from Macecraft Software to continue its use.

DS

4. hewee

hewee

I am with you DS in the older programs is still great.
    Now if there is a down side then maybe it would not know how to clean all newer programs that came out after jv16 PowerTools 1.3 or clean up as good as the newer version would.
    I am only guessing on this as I don't know just how the program knows how to find everything.

5. dai

dai

i would'nt use anything else,recommend it for beginers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice