K7sem Usb3 Pinout

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RBG

Can anyone tell me where to find the USB3 pinout connections for a K7SEM MB? The manual doesn't show what goes where.

RB

RBG

Yea, thats the board. Any idea what wires go where on that USB3 connector?

RBG said:
Yea, thats the board. Any idea what wires go where on that USB3 connector?
It isn't wired, it's a plug.

Something like this:

Or this:

Zee

RBG

No it's actually the cluster of wires that come from the front of my case where there are two USB ports plus a line in and a speaker out. .

RBG

Hi again!
The USB connections on the front of my computer case have two plug-ins. The wires travel back to the Mother Board with connectors that slide on to the 10 pin connector on the board. I just need to know what pin on the Board corresponds to what connector at the end of each wire (Ground, + or -, etc) Does that make sense?

RBG

Ah yes!
That is what the pin connector looks like on the Board. I'm just not sure which pin is #1.
Do you know which pin is #1?

RBG said:
Ah yes!
That is what the pin connector looks like on the Board. I'm just not sure which pin is #1.
Do you know which pin is #1?
I would try red wire on top (as suggested on that website), the worst that it can happen is the USB plug not working (test it with any USB device).

Can't tell you much more...

Trial and error.

Zee

RBG

Ok, I'll try that!

Thanks! How can I paste a picture on this page? Like you did? I have a picture of the Board I could show you (Graphic image)

RBG

Thanks!!
I downloaded the manual and saw the panel connector you are referring too. That's not the one I need to connect to. Go back to the manual and look at page 28, the USB3 connector is what I need to connect the wires too. There seems to be no information on what the pins on that connector are. ?

"Note: All the ribbon cables used on the extension brackets have a red stripe on the Pin-1 side of the cable."

From the manual.

Zee

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Look at PDF page 17. The cable usually have red, green, white and black wires.
VCC = red
P0+ = green
P0- = white
GND = black

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online