1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Users

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by burningrave1, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. burningrave1

burningrave1 Thread Starter

I just got Kaspersky pro installed on my Windows XP Pro machine and right away it found the Lovescan worm. I knew i had a worm because the other night i turned off my firewall for just a few minutes and i got this RPC failure popup that shut down my machine after 60 seconds. I had to do a Ctrl Alt Delete and shut down the file in processes before Kaspkersky was able to delete it.

Anyways my main question here really has nothing to do with that. Kaspersky is reported corrupted files. I just did a scan a few minutes ago and it found 4. One of them was the new AIM Messenger install file that was located on my desktop. I believe i remember reading a while back that Kaspersky finds several corrupted files but they aren't really corrupted or something. So are these files really corrupted or is Kaspersky just confused? What do i need to worry about Kaspersky finding, just Virus's and ignore the rest?

2. burningrave1

It had 6 listed earlier but i just ran virus scan and it shows 4. These are the files that are showing up as "corrupted" in kasperky.

C:\Documents and Settings\burningrave101\Desktop\AIM Messenger 5.5.3583.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\burningrave101\Desktop\AIM Messenger 5.5.3583.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\burningrave101\Local Settings\Temp\GLB29.tmp
    C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\ITE Raid Driver Setup\WIN2K_XP\iteraid.sys

I renamed the AIM messenger file from Install_AIM.exe to that back before i ever even run Kaspersky. I dont guess that has anything to do with it though.

And i found this information on Kaspersky "corrupted" files.

http://www.vsweeper.com/en_US/html/faq.html#faqk18

3. burningrave1

UPDATE: It looks like its just a quirk with Kaspersky. I deleted my AIM messenger install file and re-downloaded the same file again from a different site and scanned just the one file and it shows two corrupted files in that archieve. Looks like i dont need to worry about those corrupted files Kaspersky is detecting because it keeps detecting several different ones. I'm just glad i figured this out because i thought maybe that worm i had earlier done some real damage to my hard drive lol.

4. Nok1

Nok1

I love when people solve their own problems :).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice