1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kaspersky Antivirus!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sourav4586, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sourav4586

sourav4586 Thread Starter

I am using a licensed version of Kaspersky Internet Security.
    The problem is that whenever I pause the antivirus or uninstall it, my internet stops working.
    Also whenever I format my computer, my internet does not work till I have installed an antivirus.
    Its a peculiar problem. Any solution?

sourav

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

you need to go into kaspersky settings, it has a firewall for starters, many default settings may not be to your needs, especially check trusted and untrusted programmes

its the same for norton numerous posts are for people getting blocked by their security suite and its always a setting incorrectly set or default setting

re formatting and internet access, a anti virus suite has nothing to do with actually needing to connect to web.??? so a bit lost on that one

read this
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t140559.html

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the version and patch level of Windows in use here?

4. sourav4586

Basically, I have two problems..........one is as i mentioned above and the second is related to a share trading software I use daily. That share trading software is not working since last 2 days, so i was just checking whether its due to kaspersky. I checked the settings of kaspersky whereby that trading software was included under 'restricted activity' but even after including it under 'trusted list', that software is not wroking. So i dont know where am I missing the settings.
    secondly its strange but its true that my internet doesnt work when there is no antivirus installed in it.

5. JohnWill

You didn't tell us the version and patch level of Windows.

6. sourav4586

its windows XP professional, version 2002, service pack 2
    patch level??????

7. JohnWill

Did you try a system restore to before the issue started happening?

8. sourav4586

I dont remember xactly when the problem started happenning, because I do not face any problem once my antivirus is enabled.......so i didnt care abt this problem..........but now since my share trading software is not working, I am just checking out everything.
    As far i remember, i did a system restore before this problem appeared. What does it conclude?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice