- Apr 10, 2006
THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY
Applies to : Kaspersky AV and Internet Security on Windows XP
On Monday 04-02-2013 Kaspersky Labs issued an update to KIS 2013. This update had a bug which executed a continuous loop. This resulted in 99% of the CPU cycles being continuously used rendering most computers unusable. Even when logged in as the Administrator it was impossible to stop this process from continuing as the process was protected and could not be terminated.
If you have been affected by this problem then the solution is as follows: -
1. Login as the Administrator
2. Open the KIS User Interface (Be patient as this may take a few minutes as the CPU is fully deployed with the looping bug)
3. Click on Settings
4. In Settings click on Protection Centre > Web AntiVirus
5. In Web AntiVirus untick Enable Web AntiVirus
6. Click Apply (lower right-hand corner)
7. Click OK
When you have restarted click on Update.
When the update has been applied return to the Settings interface and retick Web AntiVirus.
The problem will now be resolved.