1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kaspersky internet security 2011

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dpreg1981, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpreg1981

dpreg1981 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3003 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 292889 MB, Free - 143492 MB; D: Total - 12153 MB, Free - 145 MB;
    Motherboard: Wistron, 3612, 09.66, 2CE942DCSY
    Antivirus: None

the above is my config i used kaspersky internet security 2011 (KIS) it went fine one day i downloaded bitdefender plugin for bittorrent app then my system stopped working and it showed blue screen error , then i took my laptop to staples they said that no two antivirus software should reside in a pc they uninstalled both of them , then after coming home again i installed KIS 2011 it went fine two days back a inserted a pendrive of my friends then KIS 2011 showed an error that the pendrive is infected with virus then the antivirus couldn't disinfect it , so a special procedure has to be followed to remove it , then the error message vanished , this led me to a confusion that whether i have to remove it by myself or it will do it by itself , to make my self horrible i forgot the virus name then i went to kaspersky site http://www.kaspersky.com/virus-removal-tools then i downloaded all the removal tools for all the listed virus , then i ran all the stuffs on by one , then one particular tool asked me to reboot the system , i did as it said the older problem re appeared again, after the windows login screen i couldn't move in , then i uninstalled the KIS 2011 in safe mode using KIS 2011 removal tool , now my system is working fine , but now i don't what i should do stick with KIS 2011 or else shift to some other antivirus , please guide me with this issue

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You paid money for Kaspersky, and it is good antivirus program - so I would keep using it.

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

When you inserted the pendrive,,it scanned it ..since it cauught the infection I doubt your HDD had been put in jeapordy..{disabling autorun offers additional protection for these infected sticks etc.

I would put kaspersky back on update it and do a scan...if anything is wrong it will let you know.

There is a difference between an alert of an infected file,link etc than actually being infected.......it saw the infection on the pendrive and was more than likely just an alert...as long as you are green you are ok.

Run the vulnerability scan..it is divided into 2 sections for results..software that needs updated
    System settings..here you can easily fix the autoruns.

The only time you need to use specific kaspersky tools are for infections that kasperky cant take care of
    by itself...these are usually high tech infections that prevent the installation of antivirus products for example,rootkits etc......it would have to have access to the stick to cure to cure the stick

I wouldnt run all the tools on the kaspersky site for the sake of it..These are specific to need and should be used with discretion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice