1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Mr Yoda, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

I am looking for some help and advice from my fellow forum members. I'm currently using Zone Alarm Internet Security and it's due to expire in 30 days. I've been thinking about changing to either Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security for a number of reasons.

Firstly, both products seem to offer excellent independent anti virus products. Secondly, I prefer whole integrated suites and I know one of the criticisms is the large memory and CPU consumption that they use. However, these two products seem to have a relatively small memory footprint.

I was just wondering if anybody had used either of these products and how they found them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. BushwH4ck3r

BushwH4ck3r

The best anti-virus for me is ESET Smart security.ESET already got my trust

3. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

What about the firewall and anti spyware parts? Do they do a good job at keeping out all the baddies?

4. karl_stade

karl_stade

Kaspersky for sure. I had last years version and my PC was so much faster than when I had Nortons on it.

One word of caution, I am not sure if the issue has been fixed, Kaspersky Internet Security (with firewall) has some issues with P2P programs and other client programs, like Steam. Sometimes causes poor or blocked connections.

Other than that it's an excellent bit of software.

5. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

Thanks. I don't really use P2P programs, prefer downloading using IDM. Kaspersky is certainly a lot cheaper than ESET and some reveiws say Kaspersky is better whilst others say the opposite.

It really is quite confusing.

6. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Banned

Kaspersky failed a couple of recent VB tests. To pass, it must detect 100% of all malware and not report a single false positive. Eset, has not failed a single one for....years.

7. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

What is ESET like on spyware? Some reports say that it isn't as good as Kaspersky.

8. ksundar

ksundar

I'm using KIS 2009,excellent soft,very fast,quick alert & nice interface.
    For IDM to work smoothly,we need to tune Firewall Settings of KIS.

9. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Banned

Eset passed all the VB tests in like the last decade.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/724197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice