1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kaspersky media player issue?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MarkAlanAnderson, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkAlanAnderson

MarkAlanAnderson Thread Starter

I think that this is actually a quicktime issue but I am not sure. It originally started when I was viewing media files from the web and prompted to download a media codec to view a file. I downloaded the code and of course it turned out to be a virus. I ran several antivirus and spayware programs and was able to remove all traces of the virus. In the interim the virus seemed to disable activex and some type of media files. Web pictures load really slowly and I have a brand new computer new in the last 60 days. The worst parts is when I run Kaspserskys online scanner it gets to the end and shows all of the files that have been scanned and their location. After the virus it does not show this. I think that there has either been a change to the registry or a corrupted installation of activex or a corrupted installation of adobe flash player. I am running Windows xp SR2. Any ideas thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice