1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kaspersky or BitDefender? Or something else?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Aggy, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aggy

Aggy Thread Starter

I am looking at Kaspersky or BitDefender and want opinions from those of you who use them:

I need a "user friendly" interface. I don't mean simplistic in the sense of limited ability to tweak, I mean easily navigable. I don't want to have to open six different boxes to figure out how to schedule scans, for example.

I want a supportive website with a searchable malware database with complete descriptions.

I will pay more for AV that does a better job of protecting.

I used to have Symantec Corporate Edition and liked it, but no longer have access to it. I am not happy with my current freeware (Avast).

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. Aggy

Aggy Thread Starter

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

(y)

5. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear Aggy,
    Mumbodog got it right and it's nice that you have chosen KIS2010! The main reason, i am posting this is to tell you folks, that if/when you visit the BITDEFENDER website "the total security suite" has got a very handy tool "TO REMOVE ALL UNNECESSARY REGISTRY ENTRIES"(SORRY FOR THE BOLD TYPE)! It is so idiotic and beats one's imagination as to whether B-D knows what they are doing! Beats me!:mad::mad:(n)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice