Kaspersky update for Vista???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamalwall

I've tried to up date my anti-virus so I can install Vista but while the install a error pops up. it goes: ERROR 1316 A network error occuerd while attempting to read file c:\kav\kasperskyav6.0.2614\english\kav6.0.0.30en.msi
What can I do to solve this problem? I ran the Vista upgrade advisor and my anti-virus was my only problem. and I really do want to lose my Kaspersky. Please help!!!

The only way for Vista to install is to remove all other forms of anti virus... no XP anti virus will work with Vista...

Once you've uninstalled your anti virus try the install again.

Just last month my license for Kaspersky 5.0 ranout so I bought version 6. Then, yesterday, I installed Vista and figured I have to run Avast because it was the only AV that I would even consider other than Kaspersky. So I was really happy to hear that Version 6 was Vista capable. I DL'd it from Kaspersky's site and installed it in Vista and it runs great!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online