1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kazaa Error 1030, any adivse?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wastedyouth, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedyouth

wastedyouth Thread Starter

I am totally obsessed with downloading music, but awhile ago I attemped to download an upgrade to the basic Kazaa system. Once I had fully downloaded the upgrade I went to click on Kazaa and a message popped up saying," You have uninstalled a part of Kazaa needed to run and to close and reinstall." (I believe it was called error 1030, I'm not positive though) Anyway, I uninstalled Kazaa and reinstalled several times and the same message keeps appearing.I checked to make sure I had all the needed componets to run Kazaa aswell. I can't figure out what to do. I tried other music sources but I can't find one I like as much as Kazaa. If you know what I should do please HELP!!

2. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

What I would do is:

1. Use a spyware scanner to delete all the spyware that comes with the Kazaa download
    2. uninstall Kazaa using the JV16 power tool
    3. Do a file search for Kazaa and delete all of the files that are found.
    4. Backup the registry
    5. Use Jv16 power tool to clean the registry.
    6. If you want to and are brave enough, do a manual search for useless Kazaa keys in the registry (be sure to have a backup if you do this)
    Reinstall the latest Kazzaa with all of its Spyware. (Perhaps you might want to try Kazaa Lite)

3. Flrman1

Flrman1

You can do as Bvr01fvr suggests or go the simple route and use KazaaBegone. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3446. Unzip it and run the KazaaBegone.exe.

You don't want Kazaa with all that Spyware anyway. Might I suggest Kazaalite. It is the same as Kazaa but better No Spyware. If you want Kazaalite here is a direct download link where you can get it. The download should begin as soon as you click on the link. Be sure you use KazaaBegone first.

http://kd2.edskes.com/downloads/klitekpp210b3e.exe

WARNING: You are at risk of getting a virus when downloading files from unknown origins. Also you are responsible for any repercussions that might occur from the sharing of illegal software,music,movies etc...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/145678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice