1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kazaa Lite Version 2 and ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fredpjr, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fredpjr

fredpjr Thread Starter

I run ZoneAlarm (Not Pro) and Ive just installed Kazaa lite Version 2. I was running Kazaa Lite 1.7 just fine, but 2 is causing trouble.

I'll try to explain everything I've noticed without rambling.

When I try to get Kazaa to connect with ZoneAlarm running, it takes a long time, but it actually does connect. While connected my machine is struggling, CPU usage way up and things get slower.

When I try to connect with ZoneAlarm shut down, it connects quickly, and there's no strain on the system.

Old Kazaa was listed in the Allowed programs area of ZoneAlarm, but I removed it. I figured when I tried to connect new Kazaa it would pop up the window and ask me if I wanted to allow it, but that didn't happen. Also, I try to manually add it to the list, but nothing happens, it won't appear in the list.

At the top on the ZoneAlarm program control screen, you see the icons of active programs. KazaaLite's icon is there and flashing, and if you scroll over it you get the bubble that says "Kazaa Lite Listening to Port(s): TCP: 1214,80"

So, there you go. I don't really know what to do. ZoneAlarm is not actually blocking KazaaLite, but its not getting along too well with it. Anyone know what settings I need to change to make them work together?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there,I too run the same zone alarm as you along with kazaalite,andthey get on fine for me,whu you downloaded v2 which is the spyware version of kazaa is a bit beyond me really,I would suggest its that,which is causing you problems now,with all the adds it carries,If I were you I would go back to kazaalite which is exactly the same program without the adds....best of luck anyway,keep me informed if you would ;)......A bit more information for you as I see it,there is not a version v2 of kazaalite,if you download v2 that is the spyware version of kazza media desktop,which is a bit different to kazzalite,which carries no adds or spyware .........

3. fredpjr

fredpjr Thread Starter

Actually, this is KazaaLite version 2. I didn't find out until recently that it was out because I usually go to kazaalite.com and its never shown up there. Go to http://doa2.host.sk/ and take a look.

By the way, I uninstalled and reinstalled ZoneAlarm, and that took care of the problem. It recognized KazaaLite as it was supposed to, and its running smooth.

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there fredpjr,I got a bit confused lol, so many kazaa's about,thanks for the info anyway,I have downloaded it now myself now,thanks to you,good luck,glad you got it sorted..... ;)

5. fredpjr

fredpjr Thread Starter

They look to have it up at http://www.kazaalite.com now too. Now that I've got it working I'm happy with it. Its not much different that the last version, but the few small changes they've made seem to be good ones. The Speedup program is a lot better with more settings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/101244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice