1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kazaa Lite won't download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by captainpat, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. captainpat

captainpat Thread Starter

I have kazaa lite ver 2 and i can't download a thing. i have tried lot's of different files and none work. I have been able to get it to work twice but don't know how. Please help me!!!

P,.s does the speed up program that came with it habe any effect?

2. captainpat

OH yeah, it always says connecting and then after a long time it just says more sources needed

3. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

When you are looking for songs then find ones that have the + next to them...this means that many people are online with those songs available....the speed up thing you mentioned is to find additional sources every 10 minutes or so....if you find a song with just one source then there are possibilities that you may have trouble downloading depending on the source you are connceting to....

4. captainpat

i actually don't look for songs, but usually the files i choose have multiple users and it also get's to the connecting phase. Whoever it flickers as in one minute there are 5 users, then none, and then maybe 3. after a while it just says more sources needed

5. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

Sorry I dont know what the problem could be....maybe someone else will have an idea

6. Jtoast

Jtoast

it sounds like you are just having bad luck or are choosing rare files.

kazaa uses supernodes on user computers to speed searches. If the person who had the file logs off and you search before the supernode updates, then even though you had a search hit, you can't get the file.

best thing to do is use the speedup program mentioned by the previous user, leave the machine on overnight if your on dialup (or always if your on broadband) and just come back later. eventually you will get the file.

you might also play with the sig2dat info. I have had a lot of luck finding files with it.

7. captainpat

I'll try but nthng is for sure!!!! thanx

8. captainpat

How do you use the client and sig3dat???

9. Nuke

Nuke

Well...

If you're using AOL and aren't the master user, I don't think you can use Kazaa Lite.

I found this problem when I USE to have Napster, and had AOL. My parents had security on it and I could never connect.

That's why I have Cable Modem now:)

10. captainpat

Nope don't got aol, I have a local isp and i know i don't have any blocking features for it.

11. Jtoast

Jtoast

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice