1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kazaa probs, plz help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jokester9003, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jokester9003

Jokester9003 Thread Starter

I have kazaa, i d/l underworld [full movie] [smr] screener and divx bonus pack. That darn movie still won't play plz reply and tell me how to fix it.

Jokester9003

2. lola2001

lola2001

Hi and Welcome. What type of extension does the movie file have?

3. Jokester9003

hmm......... extension, im illiterate to this stuff, let me see ill give all the info i can find on it. Underworld [full movie] [smr] screener, legth : 62:28, resolution : 352x288
    codec: divx, is there something im supost to do to activate this?

4. lola2001

lola2001

What is the movie called? Like underworld.avi or underworld.mpg? What program are you trying to play it with? You can try downloading divX Player, open it and then try opening your movie with that player. If it still doesn't open go back to the DIVX website and try downloading a Codec from the same page.

5. Jokester9003

hmm... im d/l the free divx player, ill try to play movie with that get back to you when ive tried

6. lola2001

lola2001

Ok and if it does't work download the codec. It looks like you will need it. Let me know how it turns out.

7. Jokester9003

hmm......... the codec? divx was by the codecon the info i got from the movie file, is that what you're talking about?

8. lola2001

lola2001

Yes, your movie file said codec: divx, meaning you need the divx player with the codec installed to watch it. The codec is available on the same site I sent you, just to the left of the download button.

9. Jokester9003

10. Jokester9003

im am d/l the codec and the divx player it should take a while for it to d/l i have a 56k modem, took me forever to d/l movie lol

11. Topkat

Topkat

If you are using Kazaa, then you are asking for a season ticket at this site to fix all the adware/spyware that comes installed with Kazaa. If you want to keep the same program without the nasties then d/l Kazaalite. There are still drawbacks to using a cracked version though.
    A better solution would be to use a peer 2 peer option that doesn't include spyware.
    Check this site for info on 'clean' and 'infected' file sharing:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

12. Flrman1

Flrman1

Helping with this is against TSG rules.

Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advise on using illegal software, as it will be removed.

13. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

And flrman1 is correct, it is not our mission here to help folks view or pirate material. Thread closed.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!