1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kazaalite freezes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by somak_de, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. somak_de

somak_de Thread Starter

I use KazAalite and it was running fine but suddenly it started crashing. when i start it, it
    opens but after a few seconds it freezes, nothing works and machine had to be restarted.
    My firewall settings are fine and i think this is not the problem as it happens even when
    i was in offline.
    I dont want to uninstall it as i fear that all the downloads will be lost. I use a dial up
    connection and downloading some videos for a long time and i dont want to download them again.

please help.

2. goodgamerz

goodgamerz

Go to c:/program files/KaZaA Lite/My Shared Folder/ and select all of the movie files, songs, whatever you have in there, right click on them and cut, then browse to a folder such as my documents, or anywhere you want to put them. Right click in this folder and click paste. Now all your movies and whatnot are safe from the uninstallation.
    Next, click start, settings, control panel, add or remove programs and select KaZaA Lite then uninstall it. Reboot, redownload Kazaa Lite and install it again. Worth a try.

3. somak_de

somak_de Thread Starter

i thought about that but how can i resume their download after reinstallation?
    thank you anyway

4. goodgamerz

goodgamerz

Just make sure you cut and paste every file from My Shared Files in to the new folder before you uninstall (a lot of them will be incomplete downloads so they won't be associated with any application and may look like useless files but they aren't).
    Then uninstall as I said. After you reinstall, do the same you did earlier but backwards. Cut the files from the new folder you put them in and paste them back in to the kazaa My Shared Files folder. Once you start kazaa fresh after that, it will automatically resume them again. Whatever incomplete downloads you have in that folder, it resumes of it's own accord. Basically, just take em away, reinstall and paste em back where they were again!

5. somak_de

somak_de Thread Starter

are you sure that will happen? i mean did you ever tried that?
    i am not underestimating you but dont want to loose my files:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!