KB3163018 win10 update on laptop with linux as other system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

atomas

Hi
I can't update win10 on dell laptop after Microsoft release the cumulative update KB3163018. I tried many ways.
The sysyem doesn't close now.
I used sfc /scannow and it found some corrupt files but didn't repair some of them.
The update process stops on 100% and fails making "Undoing changes"

I'm affraid that the problem is caused by other operating system which is installed on this laptop. This happens some years ago with Vista Sevice Pack 2

Could anybody help?

bobs-here

Bob
I used sfc /scannow and it found some corrupt files but didn't repair some of them.
if the above has been used, try cmd prompt with admin rights and at the prompt, type or better - copy and paste this. add spacing, too

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Which other OS please
I'm affraid that the problem is caused by other operating system which is installed on this laptop
edit
seen it now in the title Linux

will wait to see results of my colleagues post for the DISM

Last edited:

atomas

The linux is opensuse 42.,1 Leap. At first dism and sfc failed
I repaired win 10 system files (dism and sfc /scannow) following this advice:
http://serverfault.com/questions/74...dll-in-windows-10-if-sfc-and-dism-are-failing
and now there is no errors in the opinion of sfc
I found the update error code by eventvwr.msc. This is 0x800f0922
I resized the system partition from 450MB to 950 and it did not help
I have no ideas what to do...

Here is my disccussion on Miceosoft forum and data to diagnose

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b3163018/fc523d09-2df1-4104-b8ca-38915c292770

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have read the posts on the link to Microsoft forum
I am puzzled by this
I found the update error code by eventvwr.msc. This is 0x800f0922

I've read something about this turn off uefi boot and resized the system partition to 950 MB, it did not help...

Any ideas?
I am aware that turning of secure boot has been suggested as a solution, but I cannot understand how changing uefi boot to legacy boot if that is what you mean - can possibly work. Neither can I see the idea behind resizng the system partition.

What AV and firewall is in use and do you use any third party programs for system maintenance eg reg cleaners, defraggers, make it go faster type programs

I think my advice will be a repair install of Windows from the mounted ISO and start from there. That said you will of course be aware that many people have had problems with that update and even when installed people have them reported problems apparently caused by the update

atomas

There was AVG but now it is unistalled, the system is win 8.1 upgraded to 10 for free, what can I done with it? I have the upgrading iso
uefi secure boot was disabled, I change it into legacy to try if it helps, it didn't help

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does windows 10 load and run OK apart from the update problem
Does EVERYTHING else work as normal with 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online