1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

KB892130 WGA installs manually but automatic updates still don't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Woffiedog_1, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Greetings,

So in January I reinstalled Windows XP Windows automatic updates worked for a couple months but have not been working since April I believe. I have been manually downloading the updates and installing them myself. I recently tried using Microsoft Update and received the message that I needed to install KB892130 WGA before I can install the updates. I am unable to install KB892130 WGA using Microsoft Update.

I downloaded a copy of the WGA from MS tech net and can manually install it. I receive the "installation was sucessful" screen.

If I reboot and check again with MS update it still tells me I need to install KB892130 WGA?

Getting tired of manually installing updates every month.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Sincerely,
    Marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/741123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice