1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kdcom.dll problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by deltasq, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deltasq

deltasq Thread Starter

Alright, so I had just installed iTunes onto my computer a few hours ago and restarted my computer as I was told to do.

When I selected Windows 7, a black screen popped up and had said "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause" and then tells me to put in the windows 7 disc which sadly I do not have for I have mis-placed it.

Then it says

File: \windows\system32\kdcom.dll

Info: Windows failed to load because the kernel debugger DLL is missing or corrupt.

What makes this stranger is that I can easily load up into my xp with no issue whatsoever.

The Startup repair won't even acknowledge there is a problem but does say there is a corrupt file. Also all of my system restores are gone for some odd reason.

PLEASE HELP.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Look under the sofa cushions. Even if you don't find it you may gather some coins, a remote, ....

Seriously, I suggest you undertake a serious search for your installation DVD.

3. deltasq

deltasq Thread Starter

Doesn't help me understand the situation here. :p

What has happened though? I'm seriously confused here, running in circles and literally nothing is helping.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You quoted "... A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." My interpretation is that the install of iTunes went seriously bad or there was a coincidental hardware defect--such as a hard drive failure.

You could run hard drive diagnostics or memory diagnostics, but no matter the outcome of those you are probably going to need the Windows 7 installation DVD to be up and running 7 again. You could start with a disk check using your XP system.

The forums have been pretty slow today (US time); unless people wander in this evening you may not get much help until tomorrow.

5. kajeki

kajeki

Same exact thing happened to me last night - tried to install itunes 10 on Windows XP - then my kdcom.dll couldn't be loaded. Itunes is apparently messing with that file - gonna run the recovery CD which i'm currently downloading. Will have to using the Repair Console i suppose. Ugh, so time consuming once this kind of thing happens. Definitely lose a few hours of time :/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice