Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep Brush Palette Open PS7?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  buck52 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to keep the Brush Palette OPEN while you're working in CS PS 7? In other words, after you select a brush, and you go to use it, the brush window closes immediately. I would like it to stay open, so that I can go back and forth while editing a photo, selecting different brushes, WITHOUT having to keep re-opening the brush palette. I'm sure there is a way, but I have yet to find it. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks very much... :)

#2 ·
Howdy and welcome

CS PS7? ... are you refering to both... CS is considered PS8...

anyway...open PS...on the tool bar click window then put a check next to brushes... that should open the brushes palette and it should say open...if you what quicker access to it click the small arrow at the right of the palette and click "dock to palette well" then to access it just click on it from there...although if you leave it docked it will auto close as you mentioned...you must drag it from the dock to the desktop in order for it to stay open

buck

#3 ·
Hi Buck,

That only holds the window open until you go to use the brush... the minute you apply the brush to the image, the window closes. I'm trying to get it to stay on top, stay open or something, as I use it a lot and change brush sizes frequently... and also brush settings... I'd like the brush palette to STAY OPEN, period... :))

Hope you have a great Turkey day and thanks for trying to help...
I have PS 7.

Jo :confused:

#4 ·
I wonder why...

If I drag it away from the dock at the top, or open it from the window menu it stays open while I'm working...as do all the palettes... PS CS

here's a screenshot... the brush palette you see will say open indefinitely

I would have thought it was the same for PS7

buck

Attachments

#5 ·
It's probably a combination of some commands somewhere in PS. BTW... I just looked and I do have CS... it says version 8. I use an Apple, but I have a friend who uses a PC and hers won't stay open either...

I'd really like to solve this, so if you hear of anything, I'd sure appreciate it... this has been a real problem. No sense me sending you a screenshot, as it would only show the image, if I tried to use a brush...but not the palette... this is nutz...

Thanks for trying to help... :(

#6 ·
Very strange indeed...

I will keep looking

just to double check... are you draging it away from the dock at the top? so it's a free window on it's own...left click and hold to drag it away from the dock...that's for a PC...what's a Mac...;)

If I leave it docked but open, it does just what you are saying

buck

#8 ·
Glad to help... :)

have a good turkeyday yourself...

make sure you pass the info along to your friend with PC... ;)

buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.