1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keep Closing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ralph888, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ralph888

ralph888 Thread Starter

I just got Windows 7 home premium. I can't figure what to do. I start windows,and as long as I am using it stays open. But if I do nothing for about 2 min. it goes back to where I sign in to Windows again. Then I have to enter my password again,to get back in to Windows again. There must be a setting for this,but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Go into Control Panel, Power Options and make sure that the computer isn't set to Sleep After XX minutes. XX = the number of minutes. It is asking for the Password to wake up.

3. falconMM

falconMM

To add to ^, there's a setting somewhere that says "prompt for password on wake". Just uncheck that if you don't want it to ask for your password every time.

4. ralph888

ralph888 Thread Starter

Tkanks for the info,that did the job.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice