Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep emails on Exchange Server for 2 PCs

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  EAFiedler 
#1 ·
My wife works at home one day a week and is connected to her office via a VPN connection. When using Outlook at home, the emails she downloaded at the office are not available and when at work, the emails she downloaded at home are not available on her office PC. Is there a setting in Outlook (2007) to force the server to keep the emails available at both locations? Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I did read the instructions. Your post addresses options for a POP account but overlooked my question about an exchange server account for which there is no "leave a copy...etc." option. Is there anyone else out there with an answer for my question? Thanks.

#4 ·
The default setup for most Exchange accounts is to leave it on the server. Do you have it delivering to a PST file locally on one of the PCs? Do you have Cached Exchange mode turned on?

#5 ·
Jtar posted a profile message so I am responding to it here. ;) Within Outlook go to "Tools">>"Email Accounts" then select "View or Change Existing e-mail accounts" and click "Next." At the bottom of this step within the dialog box you will see a drop-down list underneath where it says "Dilver new e-mail to the following location:" You will want to switch this to the one that says "Mailbox - Blah" where Blah is your bosses (wife's) name.

#6 ·
I have an Exchange account that I set up incorrectly. I have it delivering to a .pst file instead of the Exchange mailbox. As a result, the emails are being deleted from the server when downloaded. Is there a way in Outlook 2007 to change from delivering email to a .pst file to delivering to the Exchange mailbox? I want to be able to view emails on a work PC and a home PC. Or, do I have to create a new account in order to achieve my goal? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.