1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keep getting a windows configure when i boot?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by K-Sity, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

every time i boot up before it lets me sign on, a windows configuring comes on every single time for about to weeks now, and its taking about five minutes to boot up after. i do music and my editing programs and video programs and wmplayer now freeze and skip about every 7 to 10 seconds, making my work impossible.ive tired system restore but it wont let me create a earlier date, or go past the date of the nov 18 2011.before it was showing a black screen when i would boot up and would say" corrupt file sytem ntfs, said their was a corrupt file do to a recent update fail or installed, so i have went to windows and installed every update i could, now the black screen doesnt come on , but the freeze in my programs and media continues as well the boot up. but here whats wierd cuz if i watch videos online or listen to music online there is no freeze? just on when offline? somebody help please?

2. adamspe

adamspe

Could be a virus?

if its a corrupt system file then you could try repairing windows or even a fresh install...

3. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

how would i do that???

4. adamspe

adamspe

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

It may be a bit soon for a recommendation to reinstall. We haven't even tried to fix the problem yet. If you reinstall, you will lose all your updates and many system settings and need to do that all over again, provided it succeeds. If it does not succeed, you are risking losing everything on your machine.

Can you post a picture of what you mean by "configuring"?

If you have a lot of new problems and freezes, you might have problems with either your RAM or hard drive. Make sure you have everything backed up just in case.

Test you memory.

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
    Roadkil's RAM Test
    Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
    Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

6. adamspe

adamspe

Those a great ideas. I'll keep those in mind if i ever come across this issue again.

7. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

this is what pops up when booting 1st

Attached Files:

8. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

this second

Attached Files:

9. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

Then it will say this????????

Attached Files:

10. K-Sity

K-Sity Thread Starter

then stay like this for about over 5-10 minutes before it it comes back on to log on again , then will start ?

Attached Files:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice