1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keep getting an object error message

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by vickilynn23, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vickilynn23

vickilynn23 Thread Starter

Hi,

I keep getting "object error" message when visiting some sites. How can I fix this from happening. I have a
    cat with heart disease and just talked to the vet and she want me to check out a certain site but can't because
    this error message keeps coming up and then I have to use task manager to exit out of it. Can you help?

Thank you

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What's your browser?

One of your browser add-ons may be causing the error. Try running without the add-ons. If the error doesn't reappear in that mode, you'll need to isolate the offending add-on.

3. vickilynn23

I am running Internet explorer on Windows 7, and how do I run without the add ons

4. Phantom010

5. Phantom010

Any difference?

6. vickilynn23

I'd rather not run in safe mode. Isn't there a way to just fix it or you mentioned something about my add ons
    and finding it on there, what do i do to do that?:rolleyes:

7. Phantom010

Your computer won't run in Safe Mode, only Internet Explorer (temporarily). For a browser, Safe Mode means without add-ons. Nothing hard, quite easy to do, and when closed, Internet Explorer will be reopened as normal again. Use Method 3 in the link.

8. vickilynn23

Ok, I tried it in safe mode and no problems guess I have to do this all the time or after I get an object error message huh? Is there a way to find out which add on it might be causing this, if that is why it happens?

9. Phantom010

It'll be a process of elimination until you can find the culprit.

You need to disable one add-on at the time, restart Internet Explorer, and browse to your website.

If the first add-on you disable is not the culprit, re-enable it and proceed with another one.

How To Disable Add-ons In Internet Explorer 9

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice