Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mmace

Just re-discovered this forum!

Can anyone help?
I've just bought the newest Nero and Blu-ray/HD-DVD Plug-in but when it tries to transcode videos I get an error (below). I've searched the net and plenty of people get it in all sorts of different programmes on the PC. There's even a MS hotfix for it but it only works for XP (they sent me the link to do it). Anyone know what I can do to prevent it as the software is currently useless and their tech support haven't responded for 2 weeks.

the error that pops up:

Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library

Runtime Error!

program: C:\location of the programmes exe file

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit with all updates and my system spec is well above the minimum for the software

on another forum I was told that uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling my ATI drivers & software will do it as that installs the Visual C++ stuff but it hasn't worked. Last night I re-installed .net framework 1.1 (with sp1) and I also downloaded & installed C++ Runtime Libraries (2005) from the MS site but it still doesn't work)

I'm now completely stumped and getting desperate but really don't want to have to re-install Vista if I don't need to

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online