1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keep losing Internet connection.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lucksmith, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucksmith

Lucksmith Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I've had this question for a while now but am just now to finding out the answer (this is my first post on the forum so I hope I'm in the right section:confused: ). Anyway, I've got cable Internet, the modem is kept downstairs as is the linksys router. I'm on a desktop computer and my two roommates are on laptops; we all use wireless methods to connect to the Internet from upstairs: I use a USB stick, one uses some "Airport" thing for his Mac and the other has an integrated wireless card for hers. Anyway, a lot of the times when my roommates either open or close their laptops, Internet is wiped out completely and it takes a good while to reset everything and get it all back up and running. I was wondering both WHY this happens and if there is any way to stop it from happening? I hope I'm not being too vague, and hopefully someone here knows what's up. It's a real pain in the ***!

Thanks a lot for any insight

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Thats the same setup I had, a cable modem and even a Linksys router. I too was having a problem with losing my internet connection jsut dropping and having to reboot the router, I've now replaced the Linksys router with a D-Link router and no more issues. My router was simply broken.

Does everyone loose their internet connection? If so then you too may a new router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice