1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keep original email with new ISP

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by adf, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adf

adf Thread Starter

Hi TSG!!

My Problem:

I've been using ATT WorldNet ISP for years in dial-up mode. With my son in college, I now must have high-speed DSL for the family computers (not networked).

Problem 1: The ATT WorldNet's signal station can't reach my locale, so I'm stuck with dial-up if I continue with ATT.

Problem 2: My son and I have hundreds of contacts with our ATT email addresses and we want to keep them.

I contacted an ATT rep, and was told we can switch to a local ISP with DSL availability, and can keep our email addresses if I pay for a "domain only" service with ATT, while using another ISP (Qwest) for local DSL service.

Questions:

1. Can I easily access my ATT email using a domain-only option, while still getting my high-speed DSL through Qwest?

2. Can I use Outlook Express (my ATT preference) in Qwest DSL and still get the same operational features?

3. Will the cost of carrying both ISPs (ATT limited) be high?

4. Has anyone else done this in the TSG world with satisfactory results?

5. Is there another option to keeping my original ATT email account with a different ISP that I don't know about?

I appreciate any comments before plunging into a one or two year commitment that I might regret.

Thanx

adf

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

This is a question for AT&T. They're the ones who would be providing the support.

Again, ask AT&T what type of e-mail access you get with the package their offering. It would need to include POP3 access to continue to use Outlook Express.

Ask AT&T what they charge for this service.

No. You can't keep an ISP e-mail account for free. You have to pay something.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice