Keeping multiple PDAs connected to the same desktop independent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chazz

SYSTEM: Outlook 2000 on desktop; Pocket PC 2002 on two Dell Axim PDAs.
FACTS: The large address-book database in my own Outlook Contacts file was started
by importing from an old Access database, then worked over by hand, before my wife's
Dell Axim was partnered to the same desktop. A separate ID and standard partnership
supposedly have been set up for each PDA.
PROBLEM: My own Axim's entire Contacts file (as found in my Outlook file on the desktop) is
loading to my wife's Axim whenever the latter synchronizes to the desktop. Chaos!
Where did we go wrong? How do I establish true independence from my wife's
partnership, without jeopardizing my large Contacts file? Thanks!

chazz

More facts from the orig poster >> A friend has shown me how the 2nd PDA can be restricted to a sub-set of the main Contacts database, by using ActiveSync Options Settings. Still, it's more desirable if each PDA partnering with the same Desktop can have its own, truly independent Contacts database. CAN IT BE DONE THAT WAY? "Pkt PC for Dummies" implies that's possible; but it's pretty abbreviated. Can anyone suggest a good, more detailed book about ActiveSync and Pocket PC? Thanks! // Chazz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online