Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping Receiver turned ON

Solved 
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mtf 
#1 ·
Hi! I have my TV hooked to Denon receiver with optical digital audio connection. Video is connected to Tivo's HDMI port. When I turn the TV off with the Tivo remote, I usually leave the receiver ON. That way I use only the TV remote. Is it okay to turn the TV off and keep the receiver on? Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
Most AV receivers will have no issues with being left on like that most of the time. The companies will recommend shutting off the receiver but myself and many people I know have done both leave on or shut off and no noticable difference in how long they last(but there was a common component affected in older(10+ yrs)) receivers. That would be the capacitor that the system uses to not put too much power and fry the electronics. My only recommendation would be if you plan to leave for long periods of time or just not use it for a while shut it off for the system to cool down and allowed the capacitors for the power to charge and discharge.

And most of the top brand receivers should not be affected at all by constantly being on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.