1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keeps coming back

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by samwalton, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samwalton

samwalton Guest Thread Starter

Ok guys not sure what I keep missing but the 020 line keeps coming back and changing it name.

I have ran CWS, ewido, Killbox ( and delete after reboot) VirtumundoBegone

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 11:25:30 AM, on 1/22/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hijack This\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
    O3 - Toolbar: AIM Search - {40D41A8B-D79B-43d7-99A7-9EE0F344C385} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\Hijack This\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
    O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {33288993-5664-11D4-8B5B-00D0B73B3518} (ell Class) - http://www.easports.com/downloads/games/common/ieell.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9FC5238F-12C4-454F-B1B5-74599A21DE47} (Webshots Photo Uploader) - http://community.webshots.com/html/WSPhotoUploader.CAB
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: Syncmgr - C:\WINDOWS\system32\k8pm0i71e8.dll
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

2. Sponsor

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exe
    http://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

* Note: If you receive an error while running option #1 like: ''C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications, choose close to terminate the application.."...then do one of the following:

1: Click on the l2mfix.bat again and choose option # 5 for Fix Autoexec.nt/cmd.exe error.
    2: Alternatively, you can click the fixautont.html link in the l2mfix folder and follow the directions there to fix it manually.
    Do not run the fix portion without fixing the error first.
    After you have performed the procedures to fix the error, repeat the steps above to run option #1 for Run Find Log.

4. samwalton

Thanks I will try that I always have a hard time seeing L2 on a system

5. samwalton

I downloaded L2mfix and got the error you indicated might happen. I downloaded the fix for it.
    When I ran L2mfix again, I got this error:
    C:Docu~1\Owner\Desktop\l2mfix\report.txt is not a valid WIN32 application and couldn't proceed.
    LMK what to do.
    Thanks.

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Double click l2mfix.bat not txt

7. samwalton

Wierd he says he is

I double click L2mfix.bat and that's the message I get.

8. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

You must have a bad association

Right click it and select open

9. samwalton

Not sure what he is doing wrong

I get it when after it's open, when it asks me which number selection I want to use. The numbers are 1-5. I type in 1 and press Enter. It scans for a second, then that message pops up.
    Do you want me to uninstall it and re-install?
    Thanks for sticking with me.

10. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Go to the link below and download the trial version of SpySweeper:

SpySweeper http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeper/index.html?acode=af1&rc=4129&ac=tsg

* Click the Free Trial link under "SpySweeper" to download the program.
    * Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.
    * It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
    * Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.
    * Click the Sweep Options tab.
    * Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:
    o Sweep Memory
    o Sweep Registry
    o Sweep Cookies
    o Sweep All User Accounts
    o Enable Direct Disk Sweeping
    o Sweep Contents of Compressed Files
    o Sweep for Rootkits

o Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.

* Click Sweep Now on the left side.
    * Click the Start button.
    * When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
    * Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
    * It will remove all of the items found.
    * Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
    * Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
    * Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
    Also post a new Hijack This log.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436251