1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keeps disconnecting me from the net with a router.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kraav, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kraav

Kraav Thread Starter

I have a D-Link DI-624+, a wireless router, which I use to connect to internet through. My computer is using a UTP cable that's connected to the router, and my mom with her laptop, wirelessly. Each time she connects to our network, my internet will disconnect for a short interval for around a second each ~10 minutes. This is really annoying, as when I am playing games online, I can't really sit down, relax and keep on playing. Instead, I'll have to reconnect to the server each 10 minutes, which I have no intentions of keep doing.

I'd appreciate any kind of help for this.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First stop would be to do a factory reset and reconfigure the router. If that doesn't work, see if there is any upgraded firmware for that modem.

3. Kraav

Kraav Thread Starter

Nothing helped. Still the same problem.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like an issue with the router, what does D-Link say? I'd consider sending it back for a replacement.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice