1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keeps saving pictures as BMPs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lexmarks567, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lexmarks567

lexmarks567 Thread Starter

My computer now is saving pictures as BMPs . Any JPG image I copy it saves it as BMP how do I fix this. saving it as a JPG does not give me that option. Only in paint

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. lexmarks567

hmm not having this problem in firefox just IE. did what it said for IE but still trys to save it as BMP. the only option would be to move the temporay internet files folder.But Im not sure I want to do that.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Shut down IE, empty the temp files from the Control Panel > Internet Options, and restart IE. That should solve the problem. If not, try a reboot after deleting the files.

5. lexmarks567

could it be my java is the problem. got a link where I can update

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Java wouldn't have anything to do with this particular problem.

7. TxAngel

TxAngel

I to have this same problem. No matter what I've tried they still save as .bmp. The only thing I haven't done is try moving the file to another location but I'm not sure about doing that. Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products but hasn't issued a fix.:mad: Is there something else I might try? I use hotmail and this has been happening for about 2 months now. Could ActiveX be the cause?

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

9. TxAngel

TxAngel

Thanks DoubleHelix, the things that link listed is what I've already tried. I did notice that clicking on website pictures came up as jpeg but the ones I get in email still show up as bmp when I right click to "save picture as".

10. Carey934

Carey934

Try downloading and running ccleaner on your system and see if that helps.

www.ccleaner.com

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice