Kent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kmfellers

My wallpaper is frozen...and a solid color. When I go to control panel, then display, my computer will not let me change wallpaper. In fact the only thing that does work is the color. The screen can be black, blue, etc, but all other choices of wallpaper will not work.

Now, an item that is probably noteworthy is while I was online I somehow got this Spy zapper or some antivirus thing that I never wanted. It just showed up and it was annoying as all get out. I deleted it and I think it took the information that enables me to make changes to my wallpaper.

So now I'm stuck with a blue screen with icons on it instead of some beautiful scene. Anyone have any ideas to get back to normal here?

Try this:

Start >> Run

In Run type:

regsvr32 themeui.dll

Click OK.

There are some spyware programs that actually install themselves by posing as anti-spyware.. Might be a good idea to post a HJT log and let the security guys have a look.

HJT is your best option:

go to Click here to download HJTsetup.exe

* Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
* Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
* Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
* Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
* Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
* At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then save the log and then the log will open in notepad.
* Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
* Paste the log in your next reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts