Solved Kenwood Receiver VR-200 no sound

cwwozniak

Chuck
To see if there may be a problem with the speakers or the receiver's center output, you should be able to temporarily swap the center speaker with either the left or right one.

Drabdr

Brad
To see if there may be a problem with the speakers or the receiver's center output, you should be able to temporarily swap the center speaker with either the left or right one.
Exactly. This will test the center channel output from the receiver and verify the speaker you want to use for center channel is working correctly.

dano_61

For some reason I am not getting email notifications of new posts , Chuck I changed the input and when i got to radio i heard hissing/ music coming from the center speaker ?

Drabdr

Brad
For some reason I am not getting email notifications of new posts , Chuck I changed the input and when i got to radio i heard hissing/ music coming from the center speaker ?
Check your spam/ junk folder on your computer and see if replies are going there.

To clarify, when you say you changed the input, was it just a different output from the receiver (e.g. radio FM as opposed to a DVD or other) to the center channel? Was that radio music on the same/original center speaker or from one of the other speakers that you switched and are using as a center channel?

cwwozniak

Chuck
If you have done my previously suggested speaker swap test and confirmed that all three speakers are functional, you may have incorrect speaker system settings on the receiver. Take a look at section #3 on page 16 of the manual in my earlier link and see if your receiver has the same speaker system settings options. If so, I believe you need to have them configured as "2WAY 3SPKR".

Section #4 on page 17 discusses using a built-in test tone generator to test the speaker outputs. If your receiver has that feature, you could use that to confirm the amplifier channels and speakers are all good.

dano_61

I only have one speaker hooked up to the Kenwood, all my others speakers are hooked up to my Onyko

cwwozniak

Chuck
all my others speakers are hooked up to my Onyko
OhhhhKaaaay. Maybe you should provide us with a drawing or sketch of how you exactly have all of the hardware (speakers, amplifiers, receivers, audio sources, etc.) interconnected.

dano_61

Here is a layout of my system , the reason most of the speakers are hooked up to one receiver is i just recently both a second receiver when i bought the center speaker

Attachments

cwwozniak

Chuck
I did not ask for the physical layout of where things are in the room. I asked for information on how things are interconnected. That is to say, we need to know exactly which output on one device is connected to which specific input on another device

Based on your drawing there is nothing shown being connected to the input of the Kenwood receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online