Solved Kenwood Receiver VR-200 no sound

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The Kenwood is capable of 5.1 speaker connections. Why are you not using it exclusively? Alternatively, what are the capabilities of the Onkyo?

cwwozniak

Chuck
The center speaker is connected to the Kenwood receiver
So, there are no other cables connected to the Kenwood receiver other than a power cord? When I asked for a drawing of how things are interconnected, I meant something like this, but not needing to be quite that pretty.

1624631381486.png

dano_61

I just bought the Kenwood and had not moved the the other speakers around, any ideas of why i am not getting sound out of the Kenwood

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How are the receivers connected to the source?

Drabdr

Brad
I just bought the Kenwood and had not moved the the other speakers around, any ideas of why i am not getting sound out of the Kenwood
Hey there! Thanks for being patient with us. The issue is.... we need to understand what you're working with. If nothing else, take a picture of your system. That might help. Although.... Chuck and Mark are totally correct. It would be way easier if you could pencil out a crude schematic or something.

I have to admit... I'm confused. The post started with an Onkyo center channel, and now an Onkyo receiver was mentioned. Do you have two receivers as part of all this set up or just the Kenwood?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The receivers are connected to speakers, right? Those are the output.
What is connected to the receivers (both of them) input side? The input to the receivers would be their source.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Let's try this one more time ...

What is connected to the input of the Kenwood, and how? What is connected to the input of the Onkyo, and how?

dano_61

When you say input it confuses me, the Onkyo center speaker is connected to the Kenwood
All the other speakers are connected to the Onkyo receiver

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The speakers are the output! I'm wondering what's connected to the input on both receivers.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, let's go back to basics. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online