Solved Kenwood Receiver VR-200 no sound

dano_61

I am happy with the Onyko receiver, i just want to hook up the Onyko center speaker to the Kenwood receiver

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That wasn't the question. Are you trying to get surround sound out of all this?

dano_61

Surround sound would be a bonus i would be happy with the center speaker working

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You will only get true surround sound by using the Kenwood receiver alone. The Onkyo does not have surround sound capabilities. It will power 4 speakers, but that is not the same thing.

How are you connecting the TV to the receivers? I see cables connected to the Onkyo's Tape 1 Rec input. Is that from the TV? How is the Kenwood connected?

dano_61

I Think you hit on the problem the Kenwood is not connected to the TV where as the Onkyo is connected by RCA cables

dano_61

I have the Onyko receiver plugged into the aux plug of the TV

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That would be considered the "input" to the receiver, the signal that you wish to amplify and have reproduced by the speakers. With no input, there is no output ...

dano_61

I have one spot free on the Onkyo receiver to hook up the Onkyo center speaker

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't see where, but you've got the device in front of you. I haven't ... Good luck!

Drabdr

Brad
Dano_61,

We understand you have at least one receiver (maybe two) and you want to get an Onkyo center channel speaker working. We need more information provided by you to help you out.

Please respond to these two questions:

1. Do you have one receiver you are trying to get work or 2?
2. If you have two receivers, what are the purpose(s) of the two receivers?

Also, please take a picture of how you are trying to connect/ set up this system (the wires connected up to the receiver). Or, just draw it out in simple terms on paper where we can understand what you have so we can help you better. We're interested in the speakers connections to the particular connectors on the back of the receiver(s).

If you need help with any of the questions, please feel free to ask.

dano_61

Thank you all for your help i ended up hooking up the center speaker to my Onkyo receiver the center speaker is working now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online