1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kerio firewall error message

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by misa, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. misa

misa Thread Starter

Hi, just a small question here. I've just got rid of ZoneAlarm because of the problem it created with Add/Remove programs on my computer. I installed Kerio Personal Firewall instead. But everytime I log off my account or shut down the computer, an error message appears. It was too fast (just for half a second) that I cannot read it, but something like "the program failed to initalize because windows is shutting down". Actually, this is not even a problem since everything is perfectly fine. But I wonder why that happens and what I can do to get rid of it.

2. Technician1

Technician1 Banned

Ok, so whats happening is that you are getting the error message: The application failed to intialize because the Window station is shutting down.

Why??

Kerio Firewall is not shutting down, or attempting to run at shutdown...

Solution:

Look in options in the settting if Kerio Firewall, and disable everything, and slowly re enable one thing at a time, and shutdown after one is disabled. Reboot, and enable another one and shut down, etc, etc./...

3. misa

misa Thread Starter

thanks for replying, technician1. When you said "setting of KF", you meant the overview/preferences tab, right? Ok. There's not a lot of options in there. I disabled everything (automatic update, generate crash dump, enable password, and allow remote administrator), but the error message still appears. I enable the options one at a time, but it doesn't solve the problem then.

4. misa

misa Thread Starter

i've just found out the weird thing: kerio firewall doesn't even exist in the startup list, but it does run at boot up. Is it abnormal?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/473353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice