1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kerio firewall not very intuitive

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by arthodyd, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthodyd

arthodyd Thread Starter

It was recommended I install Kerio's firewall. Not for nothing, but compared to zonealarm, this thing is a piece of crap. It 'asks' over and over about allowing this or that thru... and details.. that button is a joke. I have never seen such a goatrope in all my years in computers... ZONEALRM actually tells you WHAT wants thru. This piece of garbage... you have to be a 20 year experienced network engineer to (MAYBE) know what is asking permission to my box.

I'm deinstalling this piece of junk asap. and well.. I'd actually prefer nothing to this hunk of junk ( read > upset )

The thread I read said the default settings would = stealth at grc ( which I have used for a couple of years and had no problem achieving stealth mode at grc with a newbie, no direction install of ZA ). Not true, in any way, shape or form. Sorry!Yeesh.. no uninstall pulldown on it either, in the thing. My God!
    MUST have been wriiten by the maniacs at Mcafee.. looks like their garbage. McAfee does NOT pick up things NAV does... THIS I can guarantee you. FRUST!

Arth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/225426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice