1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kerio Firewall

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raybro, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Hi Folks...One of the many friends whom I help keep their systems going is running Win 98. the latest release of Zone Alarm is not compatible. I also have an old Dell desktop running Win98SE. I don't use it much any more, but I like to keep it current.

The only alternate (free) firewall I've been able to find is Kerio. I have zero experience with Kerio and would like to hear some opinions about it. Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated. Also any other alternative firewall suggestions would be helpful.

Raybro

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi have no experience with Kerio but have a 98se sitting beside me using Jetico and can recommend it.
    Jetico

There is a free version avilable.

3. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Thanks blues_harp28, I'll give Jetico a look..

Raybro

4. jdl

jdl

Kerio personal firewall was purchased by Sunbelt Software and it is now Sunbelt Personal Firewall. Available for $9.95 here.
    I've used it for a couple of years with no problems. Actually, I think it is on SALE now.

5. t bone

t bone

if you don't want to spend the $9.95 (a good deal) the free version of kerio (sunbelt) should handle all your firewall needs.

oops.... in the link from jdl, in requirements for spf... it says it does not run on 98
    you'll have to use an older version like the one here

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/714386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice