1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kerio is acting very weird...and can't install new version

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by divt154, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

Hi. My story is, is that I tried to install the newest version of Kerio Personal Firewall, but I can't install it. The installer says that I already have a higher version installed. So I checked the version number on the one I have and it was 4.2.2. The newest version is 4.2.3. So, what is going on here?

2. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

From Sunbelt;

Please uninstall any version of the Kerio Personal Firewall
    before installing this release.

Before installing Sunbelt/Kerio Personal Firewall please
    uninstall any other firewall you may have installed. It is
    impossible to run more than one firewall on a computer. Note:
    Kerio will automatically disable the Windows Firewall that is
    included in Windows XP.

The way your post is worded, it sounds as if maybe you didn't uninstall the last version and reboot?

3. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

I tried to uninstall, but it already said another uninstallation was going on, even though there wasn't.

4. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

This was through Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs?

5. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

6. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

Sorry to be away for so long.

It seems as if you're in a loop. If you haven't already fixed this problem I suggest that;

Ensuring that Kerio has NOT started and is NOT running, enter regedit (do a restore point first) and search for any instances of "Kerio" or "KPF" or "Sunbelt". Some keys you find may refer to a CLSID number. Mark that number/code down and then search for any keys containing it. Etc, etc. When all (Kerio specific & Kerio related) keys have been removed, do a fresh boot and attempt the install of the new version.

Disclaimer:
    I'll state here that I'm a renegade when it comes to the registry. If there's something I don't like, it's gone! So, you may want to wait for other suggestions. As long as a current restore point is established, you shouldn't have any problems. If you're not sure about a key or anything in the registry, *don't* do it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/444966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice