1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kernal Data Inpage BSOD's: Hating life

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Psykopig, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Psykopig

Psykopig Thread Starter

Hey guys,

For the last few months I have been getting random crashes to BSOD. It can happen when the computer is idle, or when I am gaming. It has happened a few times while I am watching videos. There seems to be non consistency to the error which is making it very difficult for me to chase it.

I (stupidly) have never written down the number string when it comes up, but I have been googling this for a wwhile and this is pretty much exactly what my screen has:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen then restart your computer. If this screen appears again then follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need
    if the problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cacheing and shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to disable or remove components then restart your computer and press F8 and select advance options then safe mode.

Technical Information.

***stop: 0x0000007a (0xC03E14B8, 0xC000000E, 0xF852E384, 0x0F300860)

Begining dump of physical memory...

Obviously, a hard boot is the only thing that gets my PC going again. I am sure the number string will be different on mine, so next time it comes up, I will copy it down and paste it here.

Can anyone give me a hand with this one? Really starting to interfere with my work and gaming!!!

2. Psykopig

Psykopig Thread Starter

So, I just got another BSOD. To set the scene; I was playing a game. Screen flashed and went silent, game kept running. I could see that "explorer" had died because my taskbar had disappeared. I also could not alt-tab out of the game or ctrl-alt-delete my way to shut the game down.

Please find attached a picture of the error (Please note, this one was NOT a kernal data inpage error as they usually are but something else)

Really dying for some help on this one. One of my jobs is as a livestreamer and this is truly interrupting my work.

Attached Files:

• BSOD.jpg
      BSOD.jpg
      File size:
      512.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Psykopig

Psykopig Thread Starter

Just gonna give this a little bump!

This problem is persistent!

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Can you give us your full system specs. Make and model of motherboard, CPU, RAM (and how much), GPU, power supply. The more information the better.
    How old is the system?

Which version of Windows are you using, is it fully patched and up to date?

What Antivirus and Firewall are you using?

I assume the system has been working fine previously and this problem is relatively new?
    Have you changed anything, hardware or software, around the time of the problem starting?

5. Psykopig

Psykopig Thread Starter

Here is my DxDiag. Should have the info required?

System is about 1.5 years old. System did have the issue a long time ago, but it went away. No changes in the hardware. Has recently come back with a vengeance and again, no hardware/software changes.

Also, thanks for taking a look :)

Attached Files:

6. Psykopig

Psykopig Thread Starter

Just had another BSOD and thought I would share the image i took of the error. This is the original Kernal Data Inpage error I am usually getting.

It started with a small sound glitch and the game I was playing froze. Then it came back and explorer died as usual and then the machine froze up.

Unfortunately the image will not attach here. I will copy out the string of data, ignoring the "canned" text.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Tech info:
    *** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF6FC4001E198, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000056, 0c0000000120F15BE0, 0xFFFFF88003C33000)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
    initializing disk for crash dump ...
    Physical memory dump FAILED with status 0xC0000010

7. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Whats the exact make, model and wattage of the power supply? A dodgy / failing unit can cause strange errors.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice